Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex 7782-N High density AP
Ruckus Wireless has the new 7782-N which is the industry’s Highest Capacity, Highest Performing access Point for extreme, High Density wi-Fi Deployments. We have been looking forward to Ruckus releasing AP for a little while now so it will be exciting to get one in for a product test. All of the experience that DigitalAir has is with Cisco's stadium 3502P and High density antennas so it will be interesting to see how this new 7782-N performs against it.
The ZoneFlex 7782-N is the first dual-band 802.11n outdoor access point (AP) designed explicitly for very high density user environments such as stadiums, arenas, train stations, convention centers, and major metro areas.
ZoneFlex 7782-N is the only AP on the market to integrate patented BeamFlexTM technology and chip-based transmit beamforming (TxBF), combining these technologies with a 30o narrow beam adaptive antenna array to deliver up to 7 dB of signal-to-interference-plus-noise (SINR) improvement above the antenna gain and up to 15 dB of interference mitigation. This enables much longer range signals and more resilient mesh connections that adapt to interference and changing environmental conditions.
In addition, the ZoneFlex 7782-N uniquely leverages a predictive model for channel selection (ChannelFly) that uses actual activity to learn what channels will yield the most capacity to provide the highest client speeds and reduce interference.
Designed for easy installation within an ultra lightweight and low profile enclosure, the Ruckus ZoneFlex 7782-N is ideal for venue owners looking to quickly and economically deploy Wi-Fi in high-capacity environments Using a very narrow and focused beam, the 7782-N APs can be deployed in close proximity, mitigating co-channel interference. This is critical as high density deployments require a large number of AP's within a fixed space.
The ZoneFlex 7782-N can be centrally managed by the ZoneDirector Smart WLAN controller or the SmartCellTM Gateway 200 (SCG 200) as part of a unified indoor/ outdoor wireless LAN, deployed as a standalone AP and managed individually, or through the FlexMaster remote Wi-Fi management system.
7782-N Key Features
- Concurrent dual-band (5GHz/2.4GHz) support
- Adaptive antenna technology and advanced RF management
- Up to 7dB signal gain / 15dB interference mitigation
- Chip based transmit beamforming increasing signal gain up to 3dB when used with supported clients
- Automatic interference avoidance, optimized for high-density environments
- PoE output supports up to 25 Watts to power small cells and IP surveillance cameras
- Polarization diversity for optimal mobile device performance
- Integrated AC power
- IP-67 rated, -40°C to +65°C
- Integrated GPS for location services
- Wall, pole or ceiling mountable
- Small, lightweight, and sleek form factor
- 2 to 4 times extended range and coverage
- Multicast IP video streaming
- 600 Mbps of user throughput (300Mbps/radio)
- 32 BSSIDs with unique QoS and security policies (future)
- Auto packet classification and priority for latency-sensitive traffic
- Standalone or centrally managed by ZoneDirector, SCG 200, or FlexMaster
- Spectrum analysis
- Dynamic, per-user rate-limiting for hotspot WLANs
- WEP, WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support for RADIUS and Active Directory
- Smart Mesh Networking
- Zero-IT and Dynamic PSK
- Admission control/load balancing
- Band steering and airtime fairness support
- Captive portal and guest accounts