Wireless Survey Kit - WiFi Survey Equipment
Here at DigitalAir it must be said that we love our wireless surveys. Due to the fact that we perform WLAN Surveys for some Cisco Gold partners and even Cisco Advanced Services themselves we think that we are not too bad at them.
So, with this in mind we thought that it would be nice to offer out a little information about the kit that we use for these surveys and why we use it so that other Wi-Fi engineers and potential customers like you can see what we use. If you have any questions about our kit, please do not hesitate to contact us about them on 0800 310 2050.
Alternatively, if you think that we are missing something, please do let us know!
Firstly, let us discuss why you should conduct a wireless survey. Simply put, Wi-Fi surveys provide the detailed information required to design a reliable network. They do this by providing coverage maps, photographs of AP locations, RF Interference, cabling requirements and equipment lists for an installation or optimisation of a network.
So now you understand why you would want a wireless survey, let us explore a typical standard indoor survey kit list.
This kit includes as much as possible giving you all of the options that you may need on the day. It is designed so that you can transport everything in one box and can take this in your car and on the train/underground.
- Power / Battery pack & PoE injectors
- Survey Access Points operating in 2.4 & 5 GHz
- Various Antennas
- A Survey Laptop
- Heatmap tool such as AirMagnet or Exahau Survey Software
- Spectrum Analysis tool
- AP Tripod (with a suggested 3-meter maximum extension)
- Digital Camera (to shoot for AP locations)
- Distance measuring tool / Laser meter (required for software calculations)
- Laptop harness (such as the brilliant connect a desk)
Of course, if you are looking to conduct a professional Wi-Fi survey for your next network project, perhaps it would be wise to speak to one of our survey experts. We are equipped with the best tools in the industry for conducting the surveys and have over 15 years’ experience in conducting them.
- AirMagnet / Ekahau Survey Software
- Netscout AirCheck G2 Scanner
- Cisco Spectrum Expert
- Latest Wi-Fi Access Points