Talon AD7200 Multi-Band Wi-Fi Router 80211.ad 60GHz
They as the new standard developed the larger manufacturers released "Pre-N" access points before the 802.11N standard was complete..
And then on again was we moved towards the new 802.11ac standard. Smaller manufactures releasing pre standard Wi-Fi access points before the bog boys do again.
So here we are again with the latest Wi-Fi access point (ok its targeted for home use but they usually are at this early stage) moving towards the new 802.11ad standard. The reason i am a big fan of this is that it pushes the big boys (Ruckus, Cisco and HP) to move swiftly and get their new hardware to market! After all who doesn't like new toys to play with!
The Talon AD7200 Multi-Band Wi-Fi Router 802.11ad router has the following features
- Supports the 802.11ad standard, the latest breakthrough in wireless technology
- 7200Mbps combined wireless speeds, including speeds of up to 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band, 1733Mbps on the 5GHz band, and 4600Mbps on the new 60GHz band
- Multi-Band Technology establishes three distinct networks that allow you to connect more devices while still enjoying peak performance
- MU-MIMO serves multiple devices simultaneously, providing speeds that are up to 3X higher
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor powers through multiple complex tasks at the same time
- Eight external high-performance antennas maximize coverage and enhance stability
- Beamforming Technology promotes stronger, more reliable wireless connections
So how long will it be before you see Ruckus, Cisco and HP release something? I still say it will be towards the end of next year at the earliest! But im looking forward to it already!