Cloudpath and why you should be purchasing it for your network
Wi-Fi is now being considered a commodity and pretty much all businesses have it, or are looking into implementing it. So you need to make sure you are taking the right precautions and making the right decisions when it comes to your Wi-Fi security. Like with your physical network you want to make sure that it’s being secured using the industries best practise methods to protect your company’s Intellectual property. With GDPR now in place you need to make sure that your Wi-Fi network is also secured in such a way to protect your data.
Bad Practise Security
Far too many companies are still using pre-shared keys (PSK). Businesses are setting up Wi-Fi networks and handing out that PSK to whoever requires it in some cases. The problem with this is you have no control over who uses that PSK. People share PSK’s so it becomes very apparent that people who you don’t necessarily want to have access to your network have it without you even knowing. This also creates issues as you can’t revoke access to specific users. So when you have staff leave they could in theory jump onto the network again. The only way to stop this happening is by changing the PSK which then brings lots of headaches to the IT team.
Most IT Teams Experience Issues With Lots Of Tickets From Devices Having Problems Getting On The Network
IT staff shouldn’t be spending lots of time solving network access issues related to incorrect passwords being entered, or having to allocate access for users if they don’t have user self-service abilities. Not only is this costly it’s a bad use of their time as its takes them away from the day to day operational needs of the business.
Bad Security Can Leave Your Business Open To Crippling Costs
Any device that’s onboarded onto your network should have an upfront security posture check. If not, it can leave you open to all types of security issues such as malware. This can leave to further costs in you having to rectify the issues it has caused or even leave you open to Ransomware attacks. However, the biggest cost to your business could be the loss of your intellectual property, all because you underestimated the importance of security on your Wi-Fi.
If you think about it you would never accept these security flaws above on your local area network, so why do businesses even entertain it on their wireless networks, especially when Wi-Fi networks are more easily open to security attacks. CloudPath offers a solution that will prevent all of the above with an incredible management free solution, that is very easy to setup and use.
Secure Network Access
- Secure every connection for BYOD, guest, and IT-owned devices (including IoT) with WPA2-Enterprise via 802.1X authentication
- Encrypt data in transit over the air between devices and wireless access points
- Perform up-front security posture check with remediation during network onboarding
- Gain visibility into what devices are on the network, with the power to revoke access at any time
- Associate every device with a user for greater control over your IT environment
Self-Service Onboarding and Device Enablement
- Empower BYOD and guest users to securely self-provision their devices for network access—without IT intervention
- Tailor the user experience with customizable onboarding workflows and self-service portal
- Prompt users to install software of your choice during onboarding
- Improve network security by using digital certificates for authentication
- Manage your own Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) with built-in certificate authority—or use external certificate authorities
- Use the built-in RADIUS server and user database—or third-party platforms
- Create and manage granular per-user, per-device network access policies
- Apply role-based access controls—users only see the network resources that they should see
- Implement VLANs and application-based access for a secure, high-performing network
Third-Party Integration via APIs
- Enhance network security through integration with web content filtering, next generation firewall and mobile device manage management products
- Simplify Chromebook setup with user-driven, IT-driven or distributor-driven approaches
- Facilitate inter-campus Wi-Fi roaming in higher education with eduroam integration
Contact DigitalAir Wireless if you would like a free demo or consultation.