Installation Engineering Supervisor
Your role would be to the engineering supervisor for the install and commission wireless networking and wireless point to point equipment throughout the UK. Working in a team of engineers the role requires a senior engineer to ensure that the work is carried out to the required level.
This position calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including LAN, WLAN and hardware equipment.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Carry out project based on site installation, commissioning, integration and maintenance/fault-finding activities for cabling, wireless networking and wireless Point to Point equipment.
- Surveying of potential wireless network
- Flexibility in approach to working hours will be required due to both spikes in workload and operational requirement to support reactive and planned work requests out of core shift hours.
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing faults through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers satisfaction
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues
- Manage multiple scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers systems
You will need the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in an installation supervisor role
- Supervisory experience
- Comfortable at working at height
- Must have a full driving license
- Excellent time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Keen eye for detail
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- >Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
- PASMA or IPAF and CSCS Card required.
The right candidate must have:
- Be qualified or trained to at least one of the following levels
- Cisco certified network associate (CCNA)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Good wireless network knowledge