Helpdesk / Service Desk Analyst
The primary objective of the role is to provide excellent customer service through first time resolution of tickets. This will be achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems.
Throughout this process, you will remain the single point of contact with the customer, maintaining ownership of the original fault for the customer but providing timely updates and ensuring the fault is given the correct level of priority and attention.
This is a support position which calls for the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users. A degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products including; LAN, WAN and WLAN, firewalls and Microsoft technologies would be beneficial.
Training and continual development will be offered to the right candidate.
- Dealing with tickets in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Taking ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
Essential Skills & Experience
You must have the following
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a service / help desk environment
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support confidently and professionally
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
Qualifications such as the following are advantageous but not essential as training will be provided.
Cisco certified network associate (CCNA)
Microsoft certified solutions associate (MCSA)