Cisco Wireless Mesh Networks
If you are planning to set up wireless networks at one of your venues, then a Wireless Mesh network is a simple, reliable and cost-effective solution. This technology delivers self-configuring, scalable, and self-healing networks.
As wireless becomes critical to the core of a business, outdoor wireless mobility has an increasingly significant role in the overall success of an organization. Outdoor wireless solutions must perform at the same high level that traditional wired and indoor wireless networks do. Outdoor wireless networks must also support a unique set of requirements, including:
- Mitigation of RF interference for enhanced performance
- New levels of security, performance protection, and policy enforcement
- Low maintenance costs
- Tight integration with existing networks
Cisco Outdoor Wireless solutions offer the following main features:
- Award-winning 802.11n technology with integrated RF intelligence for optimized performance and RF mitigation
- Exceptional levels of enterprise security with an intrusion prevention system and Cisco CleanAir Technology
- Centralized management for easy maintenance and configuration
- Optimisation for support of high-bandwidth applications such as voice and video
The advantages of a mesh network are:
Self Organisation - each node works the routing out for itself, saving time and effort in administration.
Wide Coverage - multi-hop networks extend wireless range around obstacles and over greater distances.
Scaleable - just add more nodes. The routing configuration is automatic, and there is no exponential rise in complexity as the network grows.
Network Resilience - The self organising functions run continuously, so when changes occur to connections and reception the mesh will automatically re-route around blockages in real time.
Very Powerful - The unique features of the mesh make it a very powerful tool for building data networks.
If you would like any more information on a Cisco wireless mesh network please give us a call or use our contact us page.