Unlicensed Wireless Links
What is a unlicensed microwave link?
Unlicensed and light licence wireless links is the most cost effective of all links and can be deployed in a matter of days. Currently within the UK there are a few unlicensed WiFi frequencies that are used for point to point links and a few light licensed frequencies that provide interference free operation.
What is a light licensed microwave link?
A Light License is where the licensee pays a small licence fee to register his/her radio link with OFCOM.
OFCOM use the licence to inform other potential users of the spectrum that there is already a radio link or links in the area when they register their own link prior to deployment. This information is also used to resolve disputes should interference arise.
- Licence free spectrums are the 5Ghz, 24Ghz, and 60Ghz frequencies
- Light licence spectrums operate in the 64-66GHz and 70/80GHz
Why consider unlicensed or light license links?
- Low density areas not suffering from RF interference
- Budget constraints
- Non-critical data transmission
When are licensed links mostly used?
- Organisations looking to create a LAN across multiple buildings on the same site
- Organisations looking to reduce the cost of existing leased lines
- In low density areas where RF interference is low or free
When to consider opting for a licenced over unlicensed?
- High density areas suffering from RF interference
- Mission-critical data transmission
Is unlicensed or light licenced microwave right for you?
If you are looking for the simple answer, why not give DigitalAir a call free on 0800 310 2050. Our very experienced technical team are happy to discuss your requirements and advise on the best solution, no pressure, no sales pitch.
SIAE MICROELETTRONICA designs and manufactures leading edge products which are fully up-to-date with the latest technology requirements and ready for future network applications.
SIAE bring more than 60 years experience and innovation to provide you with most suited optimised network solutions that match your needs.