GeoDesy Laser Links 1.25Gbps Full Duplex
Geodesy-FSO offers the most comprehensive range of Gigabit Ethernet products on the FSO market from off-the-shelf compact systems to flexible modular devices for long-haul connectivity. Easy system integration is guaranteed by the wide selection of industry standard interfaces including the direct 1000BaseT (UTP) interface.
What is FSO? Free-Space Optics (also known as “FSO”, “Wireless Optics” or “Optical Wireless”) is an optical data, voice and video transmission system. Like fiber optic cable, wireless optics communication systems use laser light to transmit a digital signal between two transceivers. However, unlike fiber, the laser link is transtmitted through the air (free-space) instead of through a glass strand.
In order for the digital signal to be transmitted and received, there must be clear line of site between each wireless optics unit. In other words, there should be no obstructions such as trees or buildings between the transceiver units.
- 1Gbps throughput - FULL DUPLEX
- Free space, wireless communication.
- Compact system design.
- Full duplex wire speed connectivity.
- Industry standard fibre optic interfaces.
- Secure data transmission.
- Quick installation and re-deployment.
- Built-in signal monitoring.
- License free operation.
- Interconnect LAN's in campus or industrial environment.
- Emergency backup.
- VoIP connectivity.
- Temporary installations.
- Replace lower speed leased lines or radio links.
- IP-based security applications.