Laser FSO Wireless Links
What is Free Space Optics?
The principles of transmission through free space optics (FSO) are the same as for the transmission of a signal through a fibre optic line. It is an optical data, voice and video transmission system using laser light to transmit digital signals between two transceivers through the air, instead of through a fibre glass strand.
Why consider FSO Laser Links?
- Up to 10Gbps throughput
- Full Duplex operation
- Major cost savings over other wireless technology and leased lines
- Licence free operation
- Very secure data transmission
When are laser links mostly used?
- Organisations looking to create a LAN across multiple buildings on the same site
- Organisations looking to reduce the cost of existing leased lines
- In very secure environment’s such as military establishments
- Emergency link back up for microwave links
- In organisations that require an high throughput of data up to 10Gbps
- In high density areas where FSO is always RF interference free
- Budget constrained projects
When to consider opting for microwave over laser?
- Areas suffering from severe fog and rain
- Moving buildings
- Pole mounting fixtures
- Line of sight distance more than 2km
Is laser right for you?
If you are looking for the simple answer, why not give DigitalAir a call free on 0800 310 2050. Our very experienced technical team are happy to discuss your requirements and advise on the best solution, no pressure, no sales pitch.